Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas

And a Happy New Year!



I'm happy to announce that Disruptive Wind has a name at last for the new toy:

The Instigator (TM) Wave Maker !

Instigator (TM) being the trademarked brand , and wave maker being the descriptive term.

I was not planning to, but I ended up spending over a month out of the country, 4 weeks of that on a remote tropical island. A great place to windsurf, kiteboard, dive, snorkel, surf, kayak, paddleboard, etc.. I windsurfed to another island 2 1/2 miles away and set a new speed record on the broad reach return of over 30 MPH! I also rode a  peeling wave that was over mast high on my seventh journey out into the sea! I think this will be a great place to hold a pro camp to train folks on the Instigator (TM) once we are at that point. Imagine some of the best talent on the planet getting together for a 2 week long party, paid for by their sponsors at a fantastic place I'm sure most have never been. The food is delicious, staff is awesome, and the Instigator (TM) so much fun! Because we are designing it to be.

I wish I could say more, but our competitors (at least some of them) are already scrambling to improve their products and sales pitches. This is a good thing if we can stand out from that but since we are not that far along yet, I do not want to give too much advantage away. We are still looking at various business plans/models and performing literally thousands of thought experiments so that our upcoming physical R & D costs will be minimized.

I have spent a lot of time the past couple of months "zooming out" on our business. 2015 saw a number of new inventions which are mostly being put on hold as we "zoom in" again to focus on the Instigator (TM). The MoaB (TM) repositioner is not forgotten, we will be continuing to revamp the prototype fleet, and expect to continue to showcase and develop. The plan is to always have something going, and  back up plans should there be stall out (or buy out or bail out!) . After all, this is my one and only job now, and I am 100% committed to making this company a success !

All for now,  have a great New Year, we plan to !


No comments:

Post a Comment